Lucy Electric is a leading provider of secondary power distribution solutions to the global utility market as well as industrial and commercial sectors. We enable the safe and reliable distribution of energy to homes and businesses worldwide.
Our business activities are at the cutting edge of medium voltage design and innovation, providing switching, protection and automation solutions with reliability, safety and value built-in as standard.
Lucy Electric is firmly committed to managing its activities throughout the group so as to provide the highest level of protection to the environment and to safeguard the health and safety of its employees, customers and the community with reliable products and services. We continue to strive to unify our best practices across all Lucy Electric facilities worldwide.
This policy and its associated procedures are designed to achieve the following objectives:
- That all locations comply with applicable legal, regulatory, company environmental and health and safety requirements
- The design, manufacture and supply of products is undertaken so as to satisfy world class standards of quality, health, safety, environmental management and resource efficiency
- That management systems used is effective in maintaining standards and fulfilling the challenge of securing continuous improvement in quality, environmental, health and safety performance
Lucy Electric management is committed to:
- Provide leadership and commitment by the board and top management as an expression of the importance we place on quality and EHS issues
- Considering the need and expectations of interested parties together with identification and management of risks and opportunities
- Maintaining excellence through managing quality, environment, health and safety throughout the organisation by meeting and where possible exceeding the requirements of the Lucy Integrated Management System (LIMS), ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007
- Identify and implement means for prevention of pollution and minimising our impact on the environment by the effective use of energy, natural resources and maximising our recycling, minimising waste together with its safe disposal
- Ensure competence on quality and EHS matters through education, training and awareness at all levels of the organisation, creating an understanding of individual responsibilities for quality and ESH
- Identify and encompass information capital through the sharing of key knowledge
- Provide adequate financial and human resources to prevent injury and ill health and ensure EHS issues are given appropriate priority within the business
- Set KPIs and performance targets that can be measured, assessed and reported on in a meaningful way
- Investigate incidents to identify the root cause and take corrective and preventative action to prevent reoccurrences
- Ensure that all new investments incorporate best practice and promote innovation through their design and operation to minimise or eliminate risks to EHS
- Carry out regular audits of operations and review findings to ensure continuous improvement to quality and EHS management
We recognise our employees as a key resource and the prevention of injuries, ill health and disease is critical to the performance of our business. Our approach to managing quality and EHS in the business is outlined in the Lucy Integrated Management System manual (LGL-GEN-DOC-M-01) which is based on the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
It is every employee’s responsibility to ensure that this policy is adhered to and ensure compliance with quality and EHS procedures, not only to ensure their personal safety, but also the safety of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.